New to me:
Software aimed at individual scholars whose work is referenced outside of ISI-listed sources.
“Publish or Perish is a software program that retrieves and analyzes academic citations. It uses Google Scholar to obtain the raw citations, then analyzes these and presents the following statistics:
- Total number of papers
- Total number of citations
- Average number of citations per paper
- Average number of citations per author
- Average number of papers per author
- Average number of citations per year
- Hirsch’s h-index and related parameters
- Egghe’s g-index
- The contemporary h-index
- The age-weighted citation rate
- Two variations of individual h-indices
- An analysis of the number of authors per paper.”
I’d be very curious to hear about research comparing it to other methods. The author is professor of management and marketing at The University of Melbourne.