Today I’m at the CSCW workshop on Collective Intelligence as Community Discourse and Action.
Then Simon Buckingham Shum provided mutually overlapping categories for the workshop topics:
- Empirical studies
- New Tools
- Discourse analysis
- Sociality and social networks
- Reflection and argumentation
- Crowdsourcing Dynamics
- Civic Intelligence
- Organizational Intelligence
I’m sorry that I’ll miss the World Cafe this evening (must run off for the doctoral colloqiuum). The plan is for the group to split into four topics for discussion:
- What do we already know about CI?
- Why should we care?
- What are the major obstacles?
- Tell me a CI story from the future
Twitter hashtag for the workshop is #cscw2012ci