GetSatisfaction does so many things right. Smart, immediate feedback is one example.
This is great in several ways:
- It’s immediate.
- It makes a single, clear, personalized1 suggestion.
- It uses a familiar analogy (“shouting”) — helping to explain the perceived problem.
- It’s not enforced: this nudges the poster, but leaves them to make up their own mind.
- It hints at humor/puts the shoe on the other foot (by USING CAPS FOR THE START OF THE MESSAGE).
- It’s not overwhelming.
Like their mood feedback it’s lightweight and appears to be effective.
- i.e. specific to the situation [↩]